Comment Thank Yous and Fixes

First, I wanted to say Thank You!  I don’t do that enough.  I have loved getting to know some amazing blog friends this year.  I read and appreciate every non-spammish comment.

I use many of your tips and ideas.  Some of your comments have me laughing hysterically, especially when I read them late at night!  I was also so touched by the kindness shown from last month’s post about fitting in.  Thank you.

I am more likely to spend my computer time visiting blogs rather than replying to comments, but I do try to reply to some and I will always answer questions.   Except, I can’t!  About half of the time, when I try to reply, it says noreply-comment@blogger.com.   I used to be one of those noreplyers too, until a friend pointed it out!  There’s an simple fix.

#1.  From your Dashboard go into Edit Profile.
#2.  Check the box that says Show my email address.
#3.  Enter email address under Identity.
#4.  Save.

I am at least 65% sure this will work.  And if you prefer to not share your email address I suppose that’s OK too.

Wait.  There’s more!  I’ve seen a small slew of people still blogging about comment trouble, especially with embedded comments like mine.   I’ve heard pop-up comments work better, except I’m stubborn.  I prefer the embedded ones on my blog.

I don’t have a perfect fix, but try switching your browser.   When I use Internet Explorer I have huge comment leaving woes.  When I switch to Firefox, I can comment again, though now everyone’s followers are missing.  Ba!

Grumpy Grateful Mom Goal of the Week: Looking into switching my comment system.

Comments

1. Jessica says:

I've never had problems commenting on your blog unless Blogger was having problems.

Sometimes people don't realize there email is not public so always good to remind them to check.

2. Caffeinated OC Mommy says:

Oh Darling GGM! You make me smile… thanks for the tip, I'll have to check it out… after I powder my nose… xoxo

3. Mrs. MidAtlantic says:

I switched to Intense Debate a while ago – it was pretty easy to do, and definitely makes replying to comments so much easier!

4. Reccewife says:

I not only just recently realized that it was possible to add my email, I recently realized that I can reply to comments. And now I feel guilty for all the people I DIDN'T reply to before! Ahhh!

5. Mom of 12 says:

My daughter switched me to Firefox about six months ago and mostly I like it. Sometimes it seems a bit slower to me. Thanks for the email!
    Sandy

6. Melissa says:

I love this! I've been wanting my readers to do this too. Would you mind if I "borrow" some of this text (linking to you, of course!) to share with my readers?

Also, I've found that in Internet Explorer, it helps if the option to remain signed in is UN-checked, in order for me to comment on blogs with an embedded comment form. I don't know why, but that fixed it for me. I don't have to sign in for each comment though, I remain signed in throughout my session. Hope that helps!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

7. Stephanie says:

Haha…well I won't be voting for Mitt Romney…but I WILL keep reading your blog! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Stephanie says:

….and I just commented on the wrong post. Dang it reader!

9. Grumpy Grateful Mom says:

Melissa, you're welcome to it. Thanks for the tip!

10. I do the same thing Melissa suggested about not staying signed in, for some reason I don't have problems when I do that! I am so green at all this that I barely know how to turn on the darn computer, so everything that people share helps!!! I love your blog, and enjoy our "blogging friendship" as well!!!

11. Victoria says:

Thanks for posting this! I didn't realize that THAT was how the email thing was fixed. I was wondering why some people's comments came from "No Reply" and some came from their email.

I also use Firefox and noticed that recently the followers were missing. Yours seem to be working for now, from what I can see, but that might change next time I click on something. Maybe it's a problem with the gadgets.

12. Branson says:

I was told to uncheck the stay signed in box. Don't know if that was what fixed it, but I have been able to comment for a while now…

And yay for sharing the way to change no-reply status! I prefer to email reply to comments as well! ๐Ÿ™‚

13. mrsmarkdave says:

Ok I've made changes. I didn't even know that was possible. Interesting.
    And this is how with it I am. When you said "Late at night" I thought FOR SURE you spelled "late" wrong. Even after I sat and stared at it for awhile.
    Perhaps it's bedtime – even if it's only 7:15

14. I can't remember when I made the switch. I wasn't even aware that you could do that. I am so glad I did!!!

15. Kim @ Mamas Monologues says:

I've never had a problem commenting on your site. But those no-reply addresses? Used to make me so sad!

16. blueviolet says:

I don't mind the embedded comments at all UNLESS there's word verification on them. That makes me twitchy!

17. JDaniel4's Mom says:

It wouldn't be good to make blueviolet twitch! I love replying to comments. It is like visiting friends that have already visited my house.

18. Help! Mama Remote... says:

That's so nice of you. Its been great meeting you too this pass couple months.

19. Rach (DonutsMama) says:

I'd done a post about this too after someone had pointed it out to me! So I got myself a new Gmail account just for my blog and it's amazing the connections I made through that one small step!

20. So sweet…