Life is usually unexpected and chaotic at our house, but there are some things I can count on.
- I know that there’s a high probability my three-year-old, Mase, will have to go potty right as we’re heading out the door.
- Meanwhile, my five-year-old, Evie, will never have to go potty until five minutes after we leave!
- If my kids are laughing and playing nicely, I know at least one child will be crying soon.
- When I’m all caught up on laundry, I know that if I don’t fold the following load of laundry, I won’t fold the next ten loads, and it will be piled up again.
- I know that if I have all my children ready for church an hour early, then one or more of them will get some sort of food or unknown substance on their outfit and will need to change.
- I’ll then have to hunt for new clean clothes out of the piles of unfolded laundry. Then we’ll be late for church.
- I know that if I leave my purse anywhere Mase can see, then my driver’s license will go missing. So will my gum.
- The gum will later show up glued to the carpet.
- The driver’s license will still be missing.
- And most importantly, I know I am so blessed to have my crazy family and wouldn’t trade them even on my worst mom day…though I may stay here and ship them to Iowa to have a vacation with my parents. Heads up Mom and Dad. 🙂